Glenoid Axis Guide
Precise component alignment is the key to success in Shoulder Arthroplasty. In collaboration with our surgeons to achieve this goal, we are offering 3D printed patient specific glenoid center axis guide along with “printable planning” enabled anatomical model. It ensures accurate glenoid centre pin alignment for shoulder arthroplasty. Key highlights of the process and product are as below:
- Accurate segmentation with customized approach to handle artifect. Ensuring to maintain and repeat same quality of segmentation with every CT scan uploaded.
- Making the visualization available as per surgeons requirements to enhance the clinical value of the model
- Precise preop planning includes wide range of parameters like version, inclination, center pin depth, peripheral pin locations and thickness spectrum.
- Surgeons receive 3D Planning animation for better understanding along with detailed Pdf planning report
- Surgical accessible anterior area selection
- Customized multiple leg for the stability and long handle for providing control while placement
- 3D Printable planning model to ensure surgeon can validate preop value in OR.
- Special attention by optimizing designing and printing technique for preserving all the anatomical detailing meticulously.
- Metal sleeved enabled pin guides for avoiding any oblong axis error
- Heylen, S., Van Haver, A., Vuylsteke, K., Declercq, G., & Verborgt, O. (2016). Patient-specific instrument guidance of glenoid component implantation reduces inclination variability in total and reverse shoulder arthroplasty. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 25(2), 186–192. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2015.07.024
- Villatte, G., Muller, A. S., Pereira, B., Mulliez, A., Reilly, P., & Emery, R. (2018, August 1). Use of Patient-Specific Instrumentation (PSI) for glenoid component positioning in shoulder arthroplasty. A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE, Vol. 13. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0201759
- Distefano, J. G., Park, A. Y., Nguyen, T. D., Diederichs, G., Buckley, J. M., & Iii, W. H. M. (2011). Optimal screw placement for base plate fixation in reverse total shoulder arthroplasty. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 20(3), 467–476. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2010.06.001
- Karelse, A., Tongel, A. Van, Isacker, T. Van, Berghs, B., Karelse, A., Tongel, A. Van, … Wilde, L. De. (2016). Expert Review of Medical Devices Parameters influencing glenoid loosening. 4440(July). https://doi.org/10.1080/17434440.2016.1205483
- Jacxsens, M., Van Tongel, A., Henninger, H. B., Tashjian, R. Z., & De Wilde, L. (2017). The three-dimensional glenohumeral subluxation index in primary osteoarthritis of the shoulder. Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery, 26(5), 878–887. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jse.2016.09.049